Best Toys for 6 Year Old Boys – Age Six
Toys and Gifts for Six year old Boys
Below you will find a lot of great information that will help you choose the best toy or gift for a six year old boy this year. Knowing about the boy’s interests helps, but we have some great ideas for all types of children.
At age six, children begin to quickly develop their communication and language skills even further. They also have a growing sense of confidence. Some boys this age may begin to delve into artistic interests
When trying to choose the best toy for a six year old boy, there are some things you need to think about. We are going to go into those below as well as give you a look at some of the top toys for boys age six years old.
Safety and Toys for 6 Year Old Boys
Here are some things to keep in mind when shopping for toys and gifts for a six year old boy.
- Production – Where a toy or gift is made can tell you a lot about the quality and the safety requirements that were in place while the toy was produced.
- Materials – Unfortunately, it is still necessary to check for lead or lead based paint on some toys. This is especially true for toys imported from other countries. The U.S. Consumer Products Safety Commission is a great place to start.
- Small Pieces – Even at four years old, you want to make sure the toy does NOT have a lot of small pieces that can be swallowed, causing a child to choke. Playing with a child at this age is also recommended.
- Age Appropriate – The best bet is to buy toys that are recommended as age appropriate for babies. These days, toys include information about the suggested age range of children.
Educational & Learning Toys
At age six years old, there are a lot of great learning toys you can get that will allow them to have fun and learn at the same time. From computer games and electronic toys to good old fashioned books, there are a lot of choices that we will go into more below.
Top Toys for 6 Year Old Boys
Top RC Toys and Gifts for 6 Year Old Boys
- We like that this is built for a five year old but is still cool in their eyes.
- This is a great first Remote Control car that is reasonably priced and will provide hours of fun. We do recommend rechargeable batteries. The car uses 3 AA batteries while the remote control unit uses 2 AAA batteries.
- We like that for a little more money, you can get TWO RC cars for the price of one.
- We love the attention paid to the details and the reasonable price.
- We love how cool this car looks and that it still will hold up to play with a five year old boy.
- We really like the close attention to details on the design of this Corvette – i.e. we think older kids might like it too if they’re Corvette fans!
Top Riding Toys for 6 Year Old Boys
- Pricey, but classic toy that will bring back the memories you can share with your little boy.
- We think this is one of the BEST outdoor riding toys of all time – ’nuff said.
- With 18″ wheels, this should last about a year while a boy is growing. We like that it has training wheels that can be taken off when the child is ready.
- This is best for boys who are an in between size – around 42″ to 46″ – allowing them to grow into a larger 20″ bicycle.
- While tricycles may not be “cool” for six year old boys, we think they are going to like this one in a big way.
- We like that it will be able to be used for at least a couple years as a boy grows larger.
See more Top Toys for 6 Year Old Boys…